Tracking Code 1853-876 Job Description
Uniform Advantage Brands is seeking a design expert who is trend-savvy and can demonstrate the utmost attention to detail.
The Product Design & Development Manager will oversee and manage the product development process from the initial design concept through completion. You will be responsible for product expertise to help create and/or oversee the all seasonal Technical Garment Details & Product Specifications while supporting the design vision and business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review styles with VP of Design and ensure all trims and details are properly communicated and placed into PLM tech packages.
- Responsible for gathering/compiling garment information and components such as fabric, color/prints, stitching details, trim, labels, and embellishments needed for production.
- Maintain and update product as needed to ensure bulk orders are correct. Communicate to product development team/vendors both basic & complex product specifications such as but not limited to style numbers, season/year, fabric & trim information, color palettes, and labels for the season currently in process by utilizing PLM.
- Coordinating and signing off of all trim samples from factories for bulk cuts and samples for all seasonal photo-shoots.
- Partner with Art Department on all catalog images to ensure styles, trims, and colors before going to press.
- Attend fittings when possible and ensure that all changes are noted, updated and circulated to all impacted parties.
- Responsible for overseeing, maintaining, and organizing a library of garments and trim samples for reference by product development and other departments.
- Help create the document and manage the presentation for the Product Development & Design (PDD) 'Turn-In meeting of all new seasonal product to the Art Dept and to Call Center/Sales team.
- Manage, train, mentor and develop Product Development & Design team.
- Train staff on computer software such as Adobe Illustrator/ Adobe Photoshop and/or PLM.
- Proficient in Mac
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of PLM
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Highly detail-oriented
- Bachelor's Degree preferred - Fashion Design
- Creation of garment technical packages and development process
- Ability to multi-task and keep up in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Imagination and trend awareness with a strong sense of color, print, and design
- Organized and able to manage a small team and interface with many other teams
- Able to work under pressure and on deadline
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic downtown location, there’s another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader for 30 years, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401 (k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Continuing Education, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs. For more information about our extensive benefits, click here.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 1-2 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment!
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Job Location Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular