Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors - your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone. As part of the OptumRx Product & Strategy team, the New Product Development Consultant will identify, develop, and launch new products for OptumRx that both address critical unmet needs and advance OptumRx’s market position. In this role, you will work with Product Strategy colleagues to identify top areas of innovation opportunity based on market trends and the competitive landscape. For targeted new product opportunities, you will lead the work to develop the product concept working with a cross-functional team including Finance, Operations, Marketing, Clinical, and Sales. This work entails designing and building scalable products with robust economic models and clearly defined requirements. Finally, you will lead the product efforts to launch the new product into the market and ensure it delivers the intended value to customers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify, develop, and launch new products for key OptumRx market segments
- Serve as the product lead for all phases of the new product development pipeline
- Manage the new product post launch to ensure product is performing as intended before transitioning to work on new product development concepts
- Think strategically, and creatively, about how the consumer experience should work translating a vision to processes and requirements
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix work environment
- Support the development of market and sales strategies and value proposition
- Forecast revenue or savings opportunities associated with product development initiatives
- Manage cross-segment projects and initiatives that require problem solving, relationship building, influencing and analyzing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of product management/product development experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications(min of 3 years exp)
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Advanced Degree
- Pharmacy experience
- Healthcare experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) *All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job key words: Product Manager, Eden Prairie, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter