At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) manages about $500 billion client assets across a broad array of investment options in all major asset classes with active fundamental and systematic strategies. The firm has been investing heavily in broadening out the product platform and investment capabilities. The Product Development team within WFAM is responsible for identifying client needs early and rapidly conceiving of and developing market-leading solutions that embody the best investment thinking in the industry. The team will:
- Create and manage a robust process for ideation, informed by client needs, the market, and the firm’s best thinking
- Evaluate potential ideas from an investment and commercial perspective
- Design, research, and test new product solutions
- Maintain a product development roadmap that provides transparency to the organization on product priorities
- Manage a newly created forum that brings together firm leadership in product, investments, distribution, and operations to set priorities and allocate resources
- Lead product strategy efforts where the firm is considering entering a new area or repositioning an existing offering
We are seeking product development professionals at the SVP, VP, and Associate/Analyst levels to join the newly formed Product Development team. These positions will report to the Head of Strategy & Product Development. The successful candidates will lead and manage activities focused on idea generation, and design, research, and testing of new product solutions from prototype to final product.
The successful candidate must be a collaborative team member capable of initiating and managing action. S/he will have exceptional problem solving skills and be an effective communicator who relies on rigorous analysis and data rather than conventional “wisdom” to inform actions. The role requires a sense of urgency and a passion for results.
Location: San Francisco strongly preferred; other locations considered on a case-by-case basisRequired Qualifications
- 10+ years of investment product development experience
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze financial metrics
- Bachelor’s degree with an exceptional academic record in a quantitative discipline; MA/MBA/PhD a strong plus
- CFA with a passion for and deep knowledge of investment products and solutions gained through investment or product roles in asset management; expertise in one or more asset classes (e.g. equity, fixed income, private markets)
- Deep understanding of the investment needs for one or more of the client segments we serve across institutional and intermediary channels
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to lead workstreams, particularly in a highly matrixed organization; excellent work-planning skills
- Broad conceptual thinking skills with an outstanding ability to define and deconstruct problems and intuitively prioritize issues
- Strong research and analytical skills, with ability to synthesize and interpret data well
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.