The Furniture Product Engineer's primary responsibilities will be to evaluate and approve product designs, construction of development and production samples and provide input to vendor in order to ensure that safety, durability, and reliability is engineered into the product. In addition, this individual will manage, communicate, and educate buyers, agents, and vendors in all technical designs/construction to achieve sound design of products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop ongoing RTA furniture quality and construction standards.
- Provide solutions related to construction/design issues and develop corrective action plans.
- Review and approve Assembly Instructions for RTA furniture for accuracy, format, and English syntax.
- Provide detailed engineering review reports of all furniture products.
- Support DCs and stores' quality inspection projects, as needed.
- Actively participate in weekly review meetings with furniture taskforce team.
- Assist furniture buyers with technical input concerning prospective new products.
- Assemble development samples for engineering and buyer review, as needed.
- Work closely with Quality and other Engineering members on final product structure as it relates to cost effective product protection (packaging and handling).
- Daily communication and provide technical expertise to our overseas business partners (vendors and agents).
- Produce and manage all engineering related documentation (e.g. photo's, CAD drawings, etc.).
- Provide engineering recommendations to correct product failures from independent test labs.
- Assist in additional department projects to support department goals, as necessary.
- 5 years minimum hands-on RTA/KD wood furniture product manufacturing experience that includes International exposure
- Knowledge of wood species, substrates, veneers, and finishes processes
- Experience with multiple SKU's for a wide range of retail and /or consumer type products
- Work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- A team player with strong project management and multitasking experience is essential
- Knowledge of metal, glass construction and production process a plus
- Able to periodically travel internationally to review samples and production, as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge in CAD for product optimization and assemblies analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office, Sketching
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Engineering or technically related field
- Ability to use various basic power tools and lift up to 50lbs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.