At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
This Product Manager 2 opportunity is within the Retirement Plan Product team of WFA in St. Louis, MO.
The Product Manager 2 will be responsible for:
- Product management and strategic focus for key products or part of a product line or service which includes employer sponsored retirement plans (401k, defined benefit, profit sharing, SEP IRA, SIMPLE IRA and Individual 401k plans)
- Recommends marketing strategy based on assessment of competitive environment and new opportunities
- Develops new products/services to meet identified customer needs
- Establishes programs for enhancements and/or new products/services including identification of market segments, product positioning, pricing
- Maintains traditional and identifies new distribution channels
- Integrates efforts of product management and other organizational resources in the development, implementation and maintenance of products/services and marketing programs while ensuring programs adhere to compliance/privacy regulations and policies
- May lead project teams
The Product Manager 2 primary duties will include:
- Lead and/or assist in the development of content to support marketing efforts and education around retirement plan products updates
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication teams to support the efforts of the business
- Deliver messaging to the field around retirement plan related updates through Firm approved channels
- Develop periodic calendar of communication events
- Collaborate with internal technology teams to enhance field and client experience
- Manage exception reports for Compliance with ERISA regulations
- Develop marketing strategies
- 3+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- A Master's degree or higher
- 3+ years of retirement plan experience
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
Retirement Plan related industry designation or willing to obtain upon hireJob Expectations
- Registration for FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 1 year of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.