At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
The Digital Payments Product Manager will be responsible for enhancing Wells Fargo’s leading position in Digital and Mobile Wallets by providing leadership for individual product and feature concentration areas that may change as the market evolves. For these concentrations, your responsibilities will be to: develop the strategy and roadmap; provide technology leadership to support delivery of the strategy; and manage the product lifecycle, including the Digital Payments product learning agenda and end-of-life or other transitions as determined by market needs.
Your key responsibilities in developing the strategy and 1-2 year roadmap for your product and feature concentration will include:
- Tracking and understanding market trends, including industry, competitive, and technology trends related to your products and features
- Seeking consumer insights and identifying unmet consumer needs related to your products and features
- Collaborating with internal/external partners to define the roadmap
- Securing “Discovery Approval” for the roadmap
Your key responsibilities in providing technology leadership that directly drives success of your product and feature concentration include:
- Providing technology expertise/act as the SME with internal partners to drive delivery of your products and features
- Providing technical or portfolio subject matter expertise in working with external partners to drive success of your products and features
- Working with internal and external teams to ensure consumer-friendly application of technologies in your products and features
Your key responsibilities in managing the lifecycle for your product and feature concentration include:
- Planning and defining requirements for your products and features., including: defining the consumer experience, developing the detailed product plan, building the go-to-market strategy, identifying product success metrics and getting approval for the business case
- Developing new features and processes, including: assessing gaps, selecting external partners, leading development, managing testing, and driving the launch decision
- Launching new products, features and/or processes
- Identifying and resolving post-launch gaps and issues in products, features or processes
- Driving post-launch improvements in infrastructure and risks
- Testing and learning based on a pre-defined plan for the product, whether that product is expected to last in the market or be overtaken by new technologies or products
- Managing product and feature transitions, including end-of-life transitions
- Tracking and reporting on financial, consumer, product and market metrics
- 6+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- Strong relationship management skills
- Successful candidates will be articulate and possess leadership capability and will possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in working across major business lines to establish digital payment strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively and a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the competitive marketplace and related marketing developments. Identify trends, which may present opportunities for new growth programs.
- Proven market, product and program development coupled with solid strategic thinking.
- Analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches and programs to address customer needs.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly comprehend key financial leverage points to develop opportunities to expand product lines and increase market penetration.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Retail sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.