At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Job Description Information:
The Product Manager 4 is responsible for leading the marketing and training activities for individual Life, Disability Income, and Long-Term Care insurance product lines through the WFA distribution platform. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consults with management on the marketing implications of various policies and activities.
- Establishes marketing strategy based on assessment of business unit needs and competitive environment.
- Develops new WFA-branded marketing material and marketing strategies to increase visibility of individual insurance solutions, Financial Advisor and client participation, and to meet identified client needs. This includes Financial Advisor materials, client materials, intranet sites, and internet sites.
- Coordinates new product introduction training and marketing efforts to ensure maximum penetration.
- Maintains proven existing marketing programs.
- Ensures all marketing programs adhere to legal/compliance/privacy regulations and policies.
- Reviews, approves, and maintains inventory of third-party marketing materials.
- Coordinates marketing and educational content for Financial Advisor training meetings.
- May coordinate various marketing resources and services directly or through various marketing, technical, and support functions/partners or other business groups.
- Facilitates the development of Financial Advisor training materials for in-house programs related to insurance products
- 6+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- FINRA registration including Series 24 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Life & Health Insurance licenses
- Ability to develop and deliver sales and product training programs
- Ability to provide analyses and reports on the financial aspects of insurance programs and financial decisions
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Insurance programs: business and product development
- An active CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (tm) certification
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Knowledge and understanding of High Net Worth (HNW) clients: insurance markets
- Experience writing and editing internal communications and training-related materials in a corporate environment or financial institution
- Experience reviewing marketing materials, customer communications, public-facing content, and project documentation for compliance with applicable laws/regulations
- Experience with financial services businesses in a regulated environment
- Experience training and coaching customer-facing team members
- FINRA registration including Series 6 or 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 90 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 24 must be completed within 1 year of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.