At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Wells Fargo Deposit Products Group (DPG) within PVSI offers innovative checking, savings and payment solutions that form the core of our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo and fulfill a broad array of their financial needs. We make our products and services intuitive so they are simple to use and fully integrated to deliver a superior customer experience through all of our channels. Wells Fargo is #1 in debit card transactions serving millions of customers and processing over 8 billion purchase transactions each year. Wells Fargo is also the 3rd largest financial institution in the country with over $1.1 trillion in deposits and over 6,000 branches in more states than any other bank.
The Business Deposits product management team within the Deposit Products Group (DPG) is seeking an experienced product manager to help us transform and manage the Business Deposits account opening and onboarding experience. This role will be responsible for helping to reimagine, streamline and simplify the way we collect, validate and organize information for Business Deposits customers newly onboarding with Wells Fargo and ensure that information can be effectively used to mitigate risks and drive a best in class customer experience.
The successful candidate will collaborate and influence key partners in Community Bank, Virtual Channels and Technology to drive initiatives that will create efficiencies in the account opening process, improve the customer experience and ensure compliance with account opening requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Based upon customer research, competitive analysis, systems analysis and risk/control/compliance consultation, help to develop strategies, define business requirements and lead initiatives to simplify the way we collect customer information, create documentation and archive that information within our account opening systems
- Become the subject matter expert on the creation of business and individual profiles within our systems, the creation of the related customer-to-customer and customer-to-account linkages and how that information drives downstream functionality and customer experience
- Partner with Digital Channels to develop and integrate micro services that will support account opening capabilities, improving the customer experience and creating efficiency and flexibility
- Partner with risk/control/compliance to enhance our account opening policies and procedures to ensure our account opening process is compliant with regulations, including Know Your Customer requirements, while also meeting customer demand to streamline and simplify the experience
- Collaborate with our backshop teams to analyze and enhance account opening fulfillment processes, compliance reviews and remediation efforts
- 6+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of product or program management: development of roadmaps, strategies, and management of products ranging from concepts in ideation through to market delivery
- Ability to identify trends and recommend product enhancements
- Detailed knowledge of deposits systems and online banking systems
- Familiarity and experience with business cash flow management services
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, ranging from initial concepts through implementation
- Person must have an established track record of collaboration with multiple business lines
- Customer competitive research experience
- Ability to negotiate and influence with senior leaders to gain commitment
- MBA desired but will consider candidates with BS/BA degrees
- Experience in banking and/or financial services industry
- Excellent skills with MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.