At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Job Description Information:
The Retirement Planning Strategies Group maintains responsibility for planning, communicating, and executing the firm’s retirement strategy for clients who are saving for, preparing for, or living in retirement. The team provides thought leadership of retirement-related content and adoption of the tools, products, and services to help our clients reach their retirement goals.
The Retirement Planning Strategies Product Manager 5 will be responsible for the following:
- Leading project teams and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses
- Interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects
- Setting high level strategy on business, product, and customer service needs
- Working with multiple groups to identify requirements, develop project plans and strategies, preparing business cases and assigning tasks
- Consults with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases, including statements of work
- Creates and delivers presentations on program or project goals and plans, including progress reports
- Responsible for end-to-end program or project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end
- Develops and implements program and project level processes, procedures, and performance metrics
- Developing and/or authorizing policies/procedures/controls within scope of project to optimize results while ensuring compliance with government regulations and enterprise policies
- 10+ years of product management and development experience
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Superior project management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of requirements management and project management practices/process
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- 3+ years of strategic planning and development experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 6 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Ability to manage in a matrixed organization environment
- Knowledge of Annuities, IRAs, Retirement Income and the other Retirement services and solutions
- Experience with Field Strategy Execution
- Experience with Marketing and Communications
- Ability to create a strong collaborative work environment to successfully develop partnerships to include product, marketing, planning, communications, and strategic Relationship partners.
- Experience working closely with senior leaders across the enterprise
- Significant experience working on large-scale organizational change initiatives
- Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Leads by example with high energy, transparency, relationship management, and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with strategic business focus and vision
- Strong process orientation and enforcement
- Strong understanding of core enterprise functions and capabilities
- Comfort with ambiguity and an orientation towards change
- Excellent leadership ability and relationship building with Executive, Program and Project Sponsors
- Ability to communicate, educate and implement processes associated with Retirement Income planning
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.