First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
First Student is currently hiring for a Product Marketing Manager. This position will manage the development, roll out and account penetration of technology products and services. The primary roles of this position include developing new business and strategy, the strategic roadmap, leading internal and external vendor cross functional teams, and project management to achieve goals. This role will also drive awareness of new products, both internal and externally, achieving account penetration goals and equipping the AGM “salesforce” to sell in the products and services.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your skill set, grow and contribute with a dynamic company.
Product Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Develops Product Development strategy, including long term enhancements, as well as tactical day-to-day improvements, and identifying and solving product bugs/customer issues
- Manage, implement and introduce line extensions
- Provide direction to external vendors and manage their results
- Manage all aspects of the Project, ensuring achievement of timelines
- Develops and executes marketing activities, campaigns, and collateral that are in alignment with the strategic direction of the company and brand, primarily to drive customer awareness. Keep the product top of mind with AGMs.
- Achieve FY19 Account penetration goals
- Monitors the competitive landscape, identifying relevant market and customer research needs.
- Provide selling materials, training and account support to sell in the new products
- Develops and maintains marketing budgets.
- Other projects as assigned.
Transportation Training Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- Requires a four-year degree, preferably in a marketing or business-related discipline with 5-7 years marketing experience.
- Advanced degree in related field, such as MBA, desired
- A minimum of 5-7 relevant experience, such as marketing or program management, with progressive leadership roles.
- Candidates should have proven results in related field such as marketing, product marketing or program management and have an understanding of product and project management techniques
- Candidates must have evidence of building solid relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates. Excellent listening and communication skills are required. Bringing demonstrated abilities to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams is also important.
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.