Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This individual contributor will be responsible for product marketing for the Domestic and Global Employee Assistance Program (EAP) within the Prevention & Well being business. This individual will be responsible for partnering with the business and sales teams that support the EAP program to understand current and future products, the competitive landscape for EAP, and the unique needs that our sales teams have for this individual to create marketing materials that tell the EAP story in a way that helps them to sell our products to more customers.
- Gathering competitive intelligence, understanding key competitors, and translating this knowledge into materials that assist our business and sales team’s partners to understand where Optum has competitive advantages and where we see competitive threats.
- Developing the Messaging and Positioning Framework for the business. This document effectively captures the primary messaging that becomes a consistent theme in all Optum marketing materials.
- Working closely with our business and sales teams to understand current and future products for sale in the marketplace and translate this information to sales materials that help our sales teams communicate effectively with current and prospective buyers. These sales materials include but are not limited to sales presentations, sell sheets, member journey maps, white papers, Optum.com pages, content to drive thought leadership, sales conference materials, experience center presentations and materials
- Working closely with our business and sales teams to understand the sales pipeline and the needs that the business has to increase the sales of our products and solutions.
- Working with partners across Optum including legal, compliance, consumer experience, as well as partners at UHC to understand the unique needs that all stakeholders have to deliver the highest quality marketing materials that support and enhance Optum’s image.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Marketing, Communications, PR, Advertising or Business
- 6+ months in a relevant internship or 1+ years of experience working in a matrix organization / agency
- Ability to edit, create, and modify documents in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to commute to Eden Prairie office or if farther than 30 miles from office, must be able to telecommute from MN
- Ability to synthesize – this individual will be able to take information from multiple sources and effectively distill it down to easily understood “big picture stories” that can be told to our clients.
- Storytelling – this individual will be a natural storyteller and can effectively lay out from start to finish the story of any product or service in a way that is logical and easy to understand
- Effective communicator / writer – this individual will enjoy writing and will be able to effectively give direction to others to create final materials that bring their vision to life
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with flexibility during project ambiguity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: marketing, communications, sales support, presentations, MN, Eden Prairie