Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. So give us a hand, because we're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. And then, join us as an implementation focused Product Owner where you'll work within a complex business model that is highly adaptable and looking for you to quickly and effectively address emerging needs. Ready? Apply today and find out what it means to have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company.
Positions in this function work with Product Managers and Scrum teams to conduct and manage outcomes of various system enhancements including analyzing, reviewing, and presenting information for operational and business planning. They support short and long term operational / strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining features and user stories. They will also work with various leadership and teams to prioritize user stories for develop and align within the overall system road map.
- Understands the Product / Capability Roadmap and customer goals to develop and communicate the product vision
- Defining, prioritizing and accepting user stories
- Team backlog refinement
- Drive Product Priority during PI Planning and Sprint Planning
- Monitor Program increment spend
- Work with Product Manager and Architects to understand the overall vision of the product, capabilities, customer requirements and the solution
- Communicate the vision to the Scrum teams and ensure user story alignment
- Create user stories, both functional and enabler, accurate descriptions and acceptance criteria
- Review the current team backlog and prioritize user stories or development where there is capacity and remove user stories where they are no longer relevant
- Resolve complex business problems (technical, product, service, process, operations, organizational) that affect multiple functions / disciplines and / or customers (internal/external) and develop innovative solutions
- Work across a matrix environment to engage appropriate internal and external partners to assure successful analysis, option determination and tactical execution
- Effectively engage and partner with cross-functional teams to create and deliver solutions
- Obtain commitment from individuals and groups to ensure success
- Utilize and leverage electronic tools such as MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, and WebEx to support clear, effective documentation, presentation, and communication of relevant project and service information
- Facilitate, coordinate, and drive issue resolution for assigned projects and services
- Provide subject matter expertise or other operational support related to payer system configuration operations
- Work effectively with internal and external business partners and vendors
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED and equivalent related work experience
- Experience working on mixed methodology programs (Scrum interfacing with Waterfall from a dependency perspective) A53
- Intermediate with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, edit, filter), Microsoft Visio (create process flows), Microsoft PowerPoint (create slides, presentations), and Microsoft SharePoint (document management)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
- Prior experience moving an organization from Waterfall to Agile
- Experience with Rally
- Knowledge of OSAM (Optum Scaled Agile Methodology)
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity and task definition
- Project Management experience
- Healthcare experience
- Participation in Agile communities of practice
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both up and down the organization
- Facilitation skills
- Track record of driving change
- Proven ability to lead through influence and remove roadblocks
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.