At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.The Role:
The Product Owner is a leadership position accountable for the agile team’s successful delivery of the identified highest customer and business value to one or more agile teams by working with a variety of leaders, stakeholders, subject matter experts, scrum masters, project managers and the delivery team. The role will be responsible for making the agile team successful against stated customer/business value (key performance indicators), while building trust, collaboration and improvements to delivery and engagement.
Leadership and credibility will be determining factors in the selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, and vision.
- Manage, refine and prioritize the product backlog
- Accountable for the following items, even if the delivery team assists with completion of them:
o Oversee Product Definition activities, including workshop facilitation
o Provide backlog items, in the form of user stories, that are clearly understood by the delivery team
o Sort the product backlog in order of customer/business value or in the best way that will allow the team to meet its goals.
o Ensure the product backlog is visible and transparent to the team, necessary stakeholders, and leadership
o Drive continuous improvement
- Coordinate dependent work with other Product Owners when requests cross teams
- Review and approve appropriate Agile team KPIs, deliverables and artifacts
- May re-prioritize the product backlog based upon feedback from necessary stakeholders and leaders looking at the broad portfolio
- Communicate status with key stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Build strong working relationship with stake holders
- Have the courage to make and defend decisions based on input of all stakeholders and the value of the feature/functions to the product
The Product Owner will be responsible for leading a persistent agile scrum team focused within the Loan Production & Delivery domain (the business units which provide end-to-end loan transaction processing from loan application intake through loan delivery and boarding to servicing). Specific areas of focus for teams will be focusing on a portion of the business process or an enabling business capability. Teams have been identified to support CORE Calculations, HE/HM Documents, TRID and other Compliance needs. The reporting relationship for these teams is being finalized.
- 6+ years of leadership or management experience
- Mortgage operations experience
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Strong influence skills
• Proven experience in the following strategic planning, business initiative management, or project management
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile delivery methods, from business and/or technology perspective
• Multi-year roadmap planning
• Experience leading or participating in large projects
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple business partners (i.e. prioritizing, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, etc.)
• Strong problem solving, creative thinking and strategic thinking skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate clearly and succinctly
• Able to coach and lead cross-discipline teams
• Passion for driving change and taking on big challenges
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.