- Gain deep knowledge of the external market trends in order to drive future growth strategies.
- Conduct business case studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Identify and analyze business and market needs in support of developing recommendations as to future products and capabilities
- Develop business plans and cost benefit analysis
- Create written and oral communication artifacts that effectively summarize findings, support fact based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Influence innovation across teams to ensure aligned; cohesive progress across multiple functional areas
- Build effective relationships with customers, product partners across Optum, and other internal stakeholder groups
- Analyze opportunities in high-potential innovation spaces
- Research and evaluate competitive activity
- Monitor and aggregate market and competitive intelligence
- Direct day-to-day research, analysis and communicate industry and customer trends, field competitive intelligence, and sales performance indicators to inform relevant and competitive product strategies
- Four-year degree in business related field such as healthcare, accounting, finance
- 3 + years of healthcare industry experience
- 3 + years of product related experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to leadership
- Demonstrated ability to manage products, people and prioritize deliverables
- Strong presentation and speaking skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills for assessing market data and quantifying impact
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leadership and other stakeholders to adopt new ideas, products and / or approaches
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to explain highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Software skills are key, Proficiency in Word, MS Project and Visio (Desired), Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical skillset to identify, define, and analyze various data sets to draw conclusions and take necessary actions
- Strong demonstrated ability to lead business initiatives to a successful result
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to effectively deal with moderate levels of ambiguity, can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective formal presentation and facilitation skills in a variety of settings
- Strong analytical abilities, organization and project / process management skills
- Good negotiation, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills. Accurately scopes out projects and sets objectives and goals.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.