- Partner with Policy/Strategic Engagement, Business Development, Health Plan leaders and key stakeholders across the organization to identify and prioritize solutions required for new business proposals
- Coordinates complex strategies and issues with cross functional expertise, often seeking solutions from other markets or businesses to address the complex issue
- Creates key deliverables for internal and external audiences such as workflows and narratives that articulate solution design and are aligned with the overarching strategy by leveraging market and competitive intelligence, independent research and analysis of data, organizational resources, stakeholders and business owners
Develop critical content for relevant sections of C&S RFP responses, such as complex clinical areas, and contribute to the understanding of solutioning for the development of the overall response
- Responsible for the planning, coordination, development and facilitation of simultaneous work streams and action plans that drive toward agreed upon design or solution
- Ensures internal readiness for the proposal, including alignment to the decisions and driving accountability and ownership
- Ensures that the structure is in place for seamless implementations (e.g. documented decisions, simultaneous hand-offs to accountable owners and writers)
- Influences without authority to motivate and inspire collaborative engagement, amid competing priorities of the team members
- Demonstrates an understanding of the local market and competitive landscape
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Medicaid managed care or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management, business, or a related field
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align people related strategies and recommendations with business objectives
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Champion continuous change, consult with versatility, exhibit personal leadership and model a customer focus
- Ability to effectively drive results in a dynamic, matrixed environment with a high degree of organizational change, growth and ambiguity
- Proven ability to analyze healthcare trends and develop solutions to address them
- Previous experience designing and implementing healthcare processes or programs
- Strong history of quickly gaining credibility, partnering with business leaders and exhibiting executive presence
- Proven ability to articulate business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicaid, Business Development, Policy, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota