Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors & your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long - term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
Aids in the design, development, management or sunsetting of new, existing or acquisition products. Works with product leaders to review product performance against expectations and supports changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance. Validates new or updated product and rate implementations. May work with internal or external business constituents to help determine product future direction or respond to product inquiries. May be project - based and involve working within multiple product functions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use business plans and roadmaps to drive product planning efforts and translate roadmaps to buildable features
- Ensure alignment / linkage between business and product plans with delivery strategies
- Collaborate with functional support partners and other applicable stakeholders (internal and external) to help design solutions, and ensure alignment with business and product plans ( revenue commitments, capabilities, functional impacts, cross functional roles)
- Define / create user / buyer characteristics to drive product planning efforts (e.g., personas, archetypes)
- Define / write business requirements that address market / product problems / needs (e.g. portfolio, consumer experience, career steerage)
- Develop use scenarios to illustrate user / market requirements (e.g., storyboards, user stories, competitive intelligence, user / broker / consultant focus groups, market data, audits)
- Provide input for status dashboards to drive program / product management processes / reviews (e.g., key metrics, schedules, checkpoints)
- Identify and communicate client goals / needs as input to product planning
- Develop product training / education for applicable internal and external audiences (e.g., sales team, health plans, brokers, vendors), collaborating with appropriate stakeholders as needed (e.g., training staff, sales leadership, subject matter experts)
- Adhere to or champion use of applicable product development guidelines / procedures (e.g. Development Methodology)
- Understand national and local regulations and the impact on plan design
- Develop and execute test plans and test scenarios in support of application updates and rate implementations
- Define reporting metrics to track the results of product and rate implementations
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigates non - standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Works exclusively within a specific knowledge area
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
- Provides explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of product management, project management, business analysis or other related experience within a matrix organization
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Demonstrated ability to work on matrixed teams and prioritize deliverables
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Healthcare knowledge
- Ability to work with clients, document requirements and work with technical teams to execute on requirements
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.