Our groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors - your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone. This role falls under the Employer & Individual UMR Product Development & Management business. UMR is the largest third-party administrator (TPA) in the U.S. This Product Specialist will focus on the support of existing, and the build-out of new products in the Advocacy Solution portfolio, as well as supporting new or existing customers with the implementation of these solutions. Supporting Advocacy Solution Products:
- Review, edit and maintain internal and external facing product materials, including: workflow documentation, installation documents, policies and procedures, FAQs, member communications, sales presentations
- Understand both the high-level, strategic value propositions of the solutions, as well as the operational and technical details that support them
- Consult with internal and external parties to represent solutions
- Manage incoming variability requests from sales/account management
- Investigate product errors or challenges, understand and document root cause, seek continuous improvement on solutions
- Assist with development of key performance indicators and metrics to measure product performance
- Define and develop reporting strategies that show the value of the solution to our customers
- Assist with marketing/communications and business development efforts to ensure solutions are well-presented in TPA marketplace
- Lead customer implementations of Advocacy Solutions – including working directly with the customer to explain the products, how they operate, and capture the customer’s requirements in detail
- Manage multiple timelines and project plan tasks to ensure timely setup of customers
- Disseminate information to other internal parties as needed, ensuring the customer needs are clearly communicated to all departments
- Product focused with a bend to data analytics, helping drive out knowledge from the data on the PA solution
- Creates and maintains Plan Advisor group compositions to help further refine the analytics
- Development of key performance indicators for operations/Plan Advisors
- Shapes our reporting strategy – helps drive out ongoing enhancements and requirements to further refine the report over time as new solutions roll-out
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in health care industry
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Mgt, Project Management, Product Implementation or Business Analysis (within the product function) in healthcare required. Experience in those areas within the insurance industry highly valued.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience interpreting and presenting data solutions for customers
- Previous customer facing experience, working with clients / brokers / employer groups
- Ability to manage and prioritize deliverables
- Skilled/expert level with MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Comfortable with MS Visio
- Experience in consumer engagement solutions – including consumer driven health products, decision support tools, incentive and reward programs, or consumer-advocacy solutions.
- Experience working in a TPA or carrier
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.