Welcome to one of the toughest and most
fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools,
most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless
opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work
This operational position exists to service the Optum Bank Health Savings Account (HSA) product for employers and individuals. Major areas of responsibility include understanding IRS rules and regulations pertaining to the HSA, processing tax and transactional corrections, clearly communicating with customers and internal partners, and performing complex research. A financial background combined with strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt to change fast-paced environment are key to your success in this position.
- Processing incoming transactional requests from consumers and employers
- Researching and resolving moderate to complex customer issues
- Initiating and balancing transactions to DDA and GL accounts
- Performing various transaction postings and corrections with understanding of tax implications to the HSA product
- Initiating incoming and outgoing ACH transactions
- Communicating with internal and external customers to resolve requests and issues
- Providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment while dealing with sensitive information and situations
- Seeking out process improvements and writing procedures
- Promptness, reliability and accuracy in work, especially when dealing with deposit transactions
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years Banking, Financial Transactions, or Insurance industry experience
- 1+ years experience working with Health Savings Accounts
- Understanding of the IRS rules and regulations related to Health Savings Accounts
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Office including Word (create and edit documents), Excel (input data, run reports), and Outlook (manage email and calendar)
- Proficient with data entry; keyboarding and ten-key
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Health Savings Account, healthcare insurance, finance, tax rules, Optum, data entry