Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are a vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for first-level response and resolution of escalated issues with external and internal customers. Responsible for the overall delivery of benefits and services by providing support and guidance to existing customers to ensure continued membership.
- Ability to receive, record, and classify / prioritize inbound user requests
- Ensure proper documentation of customer problems / issues (e.g., research conducted, steps required, final resolution)
- Identify recurring product problems / issues for inclusion in applicable support documentation
- Create and maintain support documentation, as assigned (e.g., client documentation, troubleshooting guides, SLAs)
- Responsible for classification, categorization, and prioritization of incidents
- When necessary, triage to other appropriate business teams / units to satisfy user request, while remaining primary contact with client through resolution cycle
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to use supporting knowledge tools and vendor resources (if available)
- Ability to learn new applications being developed for product
- Utilize appropriate knowledge resources to drive resolution of applicable problems / issues (e.g., websites, CRM tools, knowledge bases, product manuals, SharePoint)
- Understanding of supporting incident management processes
- Facilitate and participate in advanced troubleshooting sessions with Level 2 / 3 Engineers
- Perform after-hour on-call support and product testing, as required
- Ensure adherence to applicable quality standards (e.g., product quality, call quality, ticket quality, customer satisfaction)
- Manage customer conversations appropriately (e.g., provide a good first impression, command attention and respect, demonstrate confidence, defuse frustration)
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Basic Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word (creating / saving new documents) and Microsoft Outlook (sending / receiving emails)
- Ability to work in the office Monday through Friday (40 hours per week) consistently and an on call rotation which could fall once a week quarterly (this includes 24 / 7 support for 1 full week Monday through Sunday)
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in customer service role or as product support analyst
- Health Information Management experience
- Understanding of SQL
- Experience in technical troubleshooting
- Basic Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel (creating simple graphs and sorting data)
- Knowledge of applicable industry regulations / standards (e.g., coding, CMS, ICD-10, CPT, HL7)
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, healthcare, product support, customer service, San Diego