External Job PostingProduction Specialist: Shift Monday thru Thursday, 1:30 pm to Midnight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate optical manufacturing equipment
• Work with specialized equipment and hand tools
• Fabricate/assemble/treat/handle lenses through different manufacturing processes
• Adjust lenses and frames to correct alignment
• Mount, secure, and align finished lenses in frames or optical assemblies, using precision hand tools
• Mount and secure lens blanks or optical lenses in holding tools or chucks of cutting, polishing, grinding, or coating machines
• Shape lenses appropriately so that they can be inserted into frames
• Assemble eyeglass frames and attach shields, nose pads, and temple pieces, using pliers, screwdrivers, and drills
• Inspect lens blanks to detect flaws, verify smoothness of surface, and ensure thickness of coating on lenses
• Clean finished lenses and eyeglasses, using cloths and solvents
• Select lens blanks, molds, tools, and polishing or grinding wheels, according to production specifications
• Examine prescriptions, work orders, or broken or used eyeglasses to determine specifications for lenses, contact lenses, or other optical elements
• Set dials and start machines to polish lenses or hold lenses against rotating wheels to polish them manually
• Perform tasks so as to produce work that meets standards for quality and accuracy
• Maintain production output standards
• Work with team to continuously improve processes
Maintain Safe Work Environment
• Follow all company and lab policies and guidelines
• Adhere to safety guidelines and OSHA regulations
• Perform exercise before reporting to workstation
• Ensure machinery is operating effectively
• Ensure orders are fabricated only if a work ticket is provided
• Fabricate all orders in accordance with the ANSI and company standards
• Understand chemicals prior to use
• Follow Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) procedures
• Follow lockout tag out procedures and Haz Com
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• High School Graduate or GED (preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to learn and perform production related tasks
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.