DescriptionThe Professional 2, Production produces of a wide range of print projects for external and internal audiences. The Professional 2, Production work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Production Artist is responsible for producing digital files from approved layout to pre-press and final print for in-house collateral. This is not a design position.
The candidate for this position must have strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. A keen eye for detail along with a healthy mix of creative and technical know-how and must be able to work quickly, but also remain extremely detail-oriented and possess strong typographic and layout skills. Outstanding organizational, project management and archiving skills are a must. This position requires flexibility with project edits in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
*This is not a design position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the collection, revision, production and distribution of digital artwork for final release.
2. Collaborate closely with Production Manager, Production Artists, Proofreading, Client Services, the Creative team and various internal business partners.
3. Create PDFs for both print ready and client review.
4. Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications.
5. Package final files for release to internal clients, printers or media partners.
6. Archive and reference art for future projects.
7. Assist in organizing and maintaining files on the server.
8. Follow a developed timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time.
9. Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the production manager and the creative team.
10. Other technical duties may include scaling, cropping, retouching and repositioning images.
1. The production artist must have a solid knowledge of printing processes and should be adept with software applications such as Adobe Cloud and Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook) on a MAC platform.
2. Knowledge of electronic file organization, servers and cross-platform optimization (FTP, PDF creation) and project management software on a MAC.
3. Excellent communication, reading and writing skills.
4. Excellent time management skills to meet tight deadlines for quick project completion.
1. Independent reasoning, strong analytical and computer skills.
2. Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with people.
3. Excellent communications skills.
4. The ability to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
5. The capacity to perform sedentary physical work using repetitive motions.
6. The ability to hear with a low level of background noise.
7. Specialized proficiency with minimal supervision.
8. Leadership and supervision skills, capable of scheduling, planning and meeting tight deadlines.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40