Primary Location: United States-WI-WIOconto
REM Wisconsin II
REM Wisconsin is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to serve as a Driver to assist in providing safe and reliable transportation. The Driver will provide transportation of individuals to and from Day Services.
As a partner with The MENTOR Network, REM Wisconsin is committed to providing community-based residential, supported living and day services throughout Wisconsin. Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, physical disabilities, persistent mental illness, and complex medical conditions benefit from mission-driven programs designed to meet their unique needs.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for refueling company vehicle, oil changes, upkeep, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Keep Record of trips and /or behavioral concerns of passengers. Maintain proper vehicle documentation to include registration, vehicle inspection, insurance, etc.
- Work scheduled hours, arrive for work on time.
- Attend any trainings as necessary
- Be familiar with passengers and their support needs. May assist passengers with mobility issues in and out of vehicle. Will utilize behavioral supports as they needed.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect the rights of the person being served
- Maintain healthy and professional relations ships with passengers, staff members, supervisors, families, and other agencies.
- May perform other duties when not driving, such as custodial and maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to complete required documentation. Skilled in written and oral communications.
- Preferred one year experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Valid driver's license and driving record that meets insurability as defined by the Company’s insurance carrier, car registration and auto insurance
How to Apply:
Current REM WI employees can apply in person/by email directly to Dawn Martin: Dawn.Martin@thementornetwork.com
This position will remain posted until the right candidate is found.