Primary Location: MD-MDPikesville-1017 Resiterstown Rd
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve.
Adult Day Health is seeking a dynamic and passionate person to serve as a Program Assistant to provide assistance in the daily care of health impaired seniors or handicapped participants in a day care center setting. The Program Assistant will assist with the development and implementation of individual and group activity programs, and will be responsible for the participant’s care, safety, and security, including nursing care and social/recreation activities.
Adult Day Health provides high-quality services to elders, including
those with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. We offer vibrant day
programs that help them remain in their homes instead of requiring higher
levels of care such as nursing homes. Our caring staff tailor services to each
person’s needs so they can make friends and receive the daily supports they
need to thrive.
Specific tasks include:
Programs, Recreation and Activities
- Assists in the implementation of social, recreational and educational programs, including encouraging social interactions among members.
- Cares for and maintain all recreation and residential equipment. Communicates supply and maintenance needs to supervisor
- Accompanies participants in scheduled activities, appointments or others as designated.
- Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
- Assists participants with activities of daily living, including basic personal care, and attending medical appointments, etc.
- Collaborates with the primary nurse and health care team members in implementing the plan of care and meeting the Participant's goals
- Responsible for participant safety and well-being at all times
- Understands "Client Rights and Responsibilities" and serves as an advocate for the Participant
- Interacts with participants in an empathetic, respectful, caring, and dignified manner
- Completes necessary documentation, reports, etc. in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner
- Attends staff meetings, conferences, in-services training as assigned by supervisor
- Assists with compliance of policies and procedures, regulatory and legal requirements of practice
- Follows confidentiality requirements at all times
- Adheres to Participant Bill of Rights and other policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- High school diploma or its equivalent and at least 18 years of age
- Minimum one year experience in providing services to a special needs population, preferably with the elderly
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Adult Day Health is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services.
With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!