Primary Location: United States-MA-MADedham
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Description The Program Director manages the day-to-day operations of the Therapeutic Mentoring program in our Dedham office. This entails staff training, ensuring quality of services delivered, enhancements and compliance, financial performance, and providing supervision to direct staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages the day to day operations of one program with 10 to 30 individuals in a small geographic area with combined revenues of around $1 million.
• Manages, hires, trains, and schedules staff.
• Responsible for the financial performance of individual programs; completes purchasing of program supplies; and reviews and submits billing compliance documentation.
• Implements program core growth strategy to maintain or increase census, maximizes utilization and occupancy percentages and assists with new start development as appropriate.
• Maintains and fosters relations with case managers and referral agents; lobbies on behalf of individuals receiving services and Network as appropriate.
• Maintains and fosters relations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians; implements individual’s satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate.
• Oversees program quality enhancement and develops individual program plans; coordinates Network standards, licensing requirements and individuals supported needs; reviews and submits incident reports.
• Implements program incident management protocols; ensures timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action.
• Oversees program implementation of health and safety programs for individuals receiving services and employees.
• Provides leadership including direct supervision of staff; implements Network employee practices; implements program safety and workers’ compensation programs; recommends and assists with involuntary terminations and written warnings; provides employee orientation and training.
• Maintains licensing and compliance for program services and supports; assures timely and accurate program documentation; implements Network compliance plan; reviews correction orders; and implements compliance plans.
• Directs and supervises the Therapeutic Mentors (Family Support Specialists) along with administrative personnel. This includes performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
• Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
• Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
- A Master's degree in a Human Services field with clinical licensure in the state of Massachusetts is required.
- To be eligible for the position, candidates must either have an LCSW, LICSW, LMHC or LMFT .
• Competitive salaried position
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available for employees and their eligible dependents
• Mileage reimbursement
We offer a supportive team environment and a family-oriented culture to complement our attractive salary/benefits package. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals!
Founded in 1980, Massachusetts MENTOR provides home and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and youth with emotional and behavioral challenges, as well as their families. Through a range of individualized services, including Therapeutic Foster Care and adult Host Home programs, Massachusetts MENTOR helps individuals of all abilities live life to the fullest in the communities they call home.
Massachusetts MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers with ~30,000 employees, across 35 states, serving ~30,000 individuals. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.