Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJHackettstown
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
New Jersey MENTOR
New Jersey MENTOR founded in 1990, New Jersey MENTOR supports adults, youth and families throughout the state, offering a broad continuum of treatment programs in a variety of community-based settings. Through a range of personalized programs including Therapeutic Foster Care and adult Host Home programs, New Jersey MENTOR strives to enhance the lives of children and adults throughout the state so they may reach their potential and thrive in the communities they call home.
New Jersey MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join New Jersey MENTOR and The MENTOR Network.
New Jersey MENTOR is seeking a Program Director, ARY/Specialty Services to perform professional human services in our Howell, Freehold, Bayville, and Ewing, NJ group homes. The Program Director is to ensure that services and supports meet the quality standards set by the Mentor Network, that services and supports are in compliance with licensing and regulatory agencies, ensure that staff are in sufficient numbers and are properly trained, and that all individuals served are treated with dignity and respect, and are assisted in achieving the goals they have chosen.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct oversight and management of a cluster of trauma informed community based treatment group homes for youth.
- Supervise program staff by providing continuous coaching, feedback, and progressive discipline when necessary.
- Conduct weekly clinical supervision of Therapists and Home Managers.
- Provides individual, group, and family therapy as needed.
- Monitor the supports needed for youth in care to maximize success in the program.
- Serve as liaison with consulting staff (APN, Pyschiatrist, physicians, etc.
- Participates in on call rotation for after-hours crises/assistance for Program by providing consultation with team members as assistance is needed.
- Assist Home Manager in developing staff schedule that is compliant with contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Oversee appropriate interface with billing system and other operating units as necessary to meet company requirements.
- Promote and market programs to funding sources, community agencies, families, and related groups.
- Other delegated duties as assigned.
- Areas covered: Hackettstown, Stanhope, Great Meadows, Ewing
Directs and supervises Therapists, Home Managers, Program Coordinators,Nursing personnel and Youth Support Specialists including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities
· Master’s degree from a fully accredited college or university in social services field, i.e. social work, psychology, counseling, etc.· Professionally clinically licensed in a social services field, i.e. social work, counseling, psychology, etc. in the State of New Jersey; Clinical Supervision certification preferred.
· At least three years of experience in child welfare service delivery, at least two of which have been in a supervisory capacity.
· Demonstrated ability in areas of leadership, personnel, employee training, and public relations; skilled in written and oral communications.
· Thorough knowledge of the structure of entities associated with the human services field (i.e., funding agencies, governmental agencies, social agencies, medical practitioners, judicial system, community resources, etc.)
· Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete and abstract variables in standardized and non-standardized situations.
· Knowledge and understanding of applicable Federal and State regulations.
· Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets insurability requirements as defined by the Company’s insurance carrier.
Locations covered: Sicklerville, Clayton, Atco, and Freehold.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Professionally clinically licensed in the State of New Jersey in a social service related field. (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, PsyD, Phd, etc.). Clinical Supervision Certification preferred. Other training and/or certification per state requirements and/or service line.