Program Director, IDD Services-CA
Primary Location: United States-CA-CABakersfield
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Program Director with California Mentor you’ll be one of those special people. For California Mentor and The MENTOR Network the Program Director is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. To that end, the Program Director role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
California Mentor is seeking a Program Director to manage the day to day operations of one to four programs in a community or small geographic area. Program Directors ensure quality of services delivered and compliance with regulatory requirements. The Program Director also manages, hires, trains and schedule staff.
On- Call 24/7 requiredSalary $55,000/Year
- Ensures comprehensive active treatment is provided to consumers.
- Evaluates consumer behaviors, skills and person-specific training objectives, behavior support plans, and crisis plans as appropriate.
- Provides resources for staff concerning theories and current research relevant to program development.
- Maintains knowledge of clinical standards and ensures compliance in terms of treatment interventions with all regulatory, contractual, corporate, and legal requirements.
- Monitors plan of correction for ongoing compliance.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with all clients, families, funding sources and regulatory agencies, as appropriate, and monitors their satisfaction with services.
- Completes ongoing required documentation for each consumer, such as monthly documentation and progress notes.
- Ensures that all records are accurate, up-to-date, and in compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Submits incident reports as required and follows up on resolution.
- Completes other duties that may be assigned as necessary.
May do one or more of the following:
- Assign caseloads to staff and evaluate performance for quality assurance purposes.
- Facilitate the Interdisciplinary (ID) Team process. Review, evaluate and document consumer progress.
- Lead ID Team and Human Rights Committee (HRC) and ensure quarterly HRC review process is complete and in compliance with regulations.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of staff and conduct new employee orientation.
- Manage on-going staff training.
What We Require of You:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or therapy related field
- Two-years of human service-delivery experience required
- At least one year of experience working with persons with intellectual disabilities or other developmental disabilities
- Valid driver's license
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Pass a background check fingerprint clearance with DOJ/FBI, physical and TB screening
- Ability to maintain a punctual and good attendance record
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to provide supports for persons with potentially aggressive behaviors
- Provide on-call 24 hours per day 7 days per week