Primary Location: United States-CA-CALong Beach
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Program Director with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in our College to Career/Supported Living Services program. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Area Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the residential component of the College-to-Career program.
- Ensures qualities of services are delivered while in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Interview and select talented staff. Lead, develop and inspire the team and provide on-going performance coaching.
- Coordinate and/or conduct staff trainings and provide crisis management assistance to staff.
- Ensure staff and client schedules are implemented.
- Ensure all required documentation/data are up-to-date and accurate and that consumer’ rights and consumer health and safety concerns are upheld.
- Ensure timely completion and updates of Individual Service Plans (ISP) and ensure on-going communication with planning team.
- Financial responsibility in the following areas: operational budget, time-keeping and billing for services provided.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients, Regional Centers, and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
· Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience in the human services industry
· Two years of experience in management in a human services related field or demonstrated success in comparable leadership role
- Flexible schedule in order to ensure appropriate client and staff supervision
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
- Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
· Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and Network Standards are upheld
· High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
· Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
· Must be 18 years of age
· Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- · Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Cole Vocational Services is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.