Primary Location: United States-CA-CALong Beach
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Program Director with California MENTOR, you will be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in our Specialized Independent Living Services Program. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role, you will manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Area Director, Quality Assurance, and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we will train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you are looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Oversee the delivery of services for residents in a day-to-day operation of a Specialized Independent Living Training program, while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements
• Interview and select talented staff; manage staff members, such as case managers and other Mental or Behavioral Health Professionals
• Coordinate and/or conduct staff trainings, provide crisis management assistance to staff, lead, develop and inspire team while providing on-going performance coaching
• On-call for emergencies, intervene in crisis situations or help resolve conflicts
• Writes and implements Individual Service Plans (ISP); attend planning meetings, and ensure on-going communication with planning team
• Ensure all required documentation/data are up-to-date, accurate and that client’s rights and client’s health and safety concerns are upheld
• Ensure client medication/medical and/or behavioral needs are maintained
• Conduct site checks in the home or community, as applicable
• Act as Direct Support Professional or Program Administrative Coordinator as needed to meet regulatory requirements
• Financial responsibility in the following areas: operational budget, time-keeping and billing for services provided
• Builds and maintains relationships with families, Regional Centers, and regulatory agencies
• Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
• Master’s degree preferred – MA/MS in Psychology or related field and two years of related experience in the mental health industry
• Strong background working with individuals suffering from chronic mental illnesses and/or substance abuse and Intellectual Disabilities who might demonstrate violent behaviors
• Experience partnering with Regional Centers and/or Developmental Centers
• Experience with various models of housing
• Ability to partner with various agencies and professionals to facilitate medical, substance abuse support and/or behavioral care for the individuals in the program
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to stay calm in trying or crisis situations
• Flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends
• Knowledge of community resources
• Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and Network Standards are upheld
• High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you will be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!