Primary Location: United States-WI-WIMadison
REM Wisconsin is seeking a Program Director to manage the day to day operations of assigned programs. The Program Director ensures quality of services delivered and compliance with regulatory requirements. Manages, hires, trains, and schedules staff.
As a partner with The MENTOR Network, REM Wisconsin is committed to providing community-based residential, supported living and day services throughout Wisconsin. Adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, physical disabilities, persistent mental illness, and complex medical conditions benefit from mission-driven programs designed to meet their unique needs
Description Key Responsibilities:
· Oversees program implementation of health and safety programs for individuals receiving services and employees.
· Maintains program compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments; and notifies maintenance personnel of items requiring attention.
· Directs and supervises Program Coordinators, Direct Support Professionals including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities
· Maintains licensing and compliance for program services and supports; assures timely and accurate program documentation; implements Network compliance plan; reviews correction orders; and implements compliance plans.
· Bachelor’s degree in a human service related field preferred.
· Minimum two years’ experience in the human services industry with management experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
· Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state regulations.
· Demonstrated ability in areas of leadership, personnel, program operation, and fiscal management.
· Skilled in written and oral communication, community relations and service development.
· Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets driving record requirements as defined by the Company.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.