If the thought of making an impact on the lives of individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities and those on the Autism Spectrum brings a smile to your face, then make a meaningful career choice and become our next Program Manager. Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health touches the lives of nearly 400 children, adolescents, adults, and their families with special needs, from outside the New York skyline to the Southern New Jersey shoreline. Individuals with emotional, behavioral, and developmental disabilities are served via a broad spectrum of treatment settings including community-based homes and apartments, vocational training programs, family care homes, and consulting services.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is looking to hire a Program Manager for one of our group homes in Bridgeton, NJ.
As a Program Manager you will inspire hope and empower lives by:
- Ensuring Individuals, with developmental disabilities are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment by overseeing their group home residence.
- Actively supervising, coaching, and mentoring Direct Support Professionals that work within the group home.
- Supervising the planning , implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of the consumer.
- Planning and participating in group outings for consumers
- Managing the shopping for the home’s necessities such as food, clothing, and household items
- Scheduling and driving consumers to doctor’s appointments, shopping trips, and day programs/schools.
What will a Program Manager position offer you?
- A comprehensive benefit package described in the Additional Details section including our benefits website at http://learn.devereux.org/benefits/
- Internal training in the behavioral healthcare field on Safe and Positive Approaches and New Directions annually
- Paid training for all DDD pre-certs including CPR, First Aid, Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Preventing Abuse and Neglect, and Medication Administration.
- Additional job related trainings offered through the College of Direct Support
- Additional supervisory trainings on leadership skills through Boggs Center
- Extensive experience in residential treatment care of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Opportunity for internal growth and development including first priority to transfer into open full time positions.
- 90 day and annual evaluation of performances with ongoing coaching conversations.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click here to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
The IDEAL candidate will ...
- Be 21 years of age or older (required)
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Have a Current, Non-Provisional Driver’s License valid in the State of New Jersey
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience working with the developmental/intellectually disabled population with at least 1 of those years in a supervisory capacity
- Be empathetic and have a team approach to care for the consumers
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Be able to attend ten days of in-house orientation on weekdays
- Be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches
- Have a high level of comfort with hands-on hygiene care (including diapering and showering)
Please apply to this ad prior to attending any events or contact recruitment at email@example.com.