Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
The Program Manager in the Carrollton/Lewisville area manages Direct Support Professionals to ensure best practices and technology are used to teach people with developmental disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills needed to live as independently as possible.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in Residential, Home Community Based Service or related healthcare field.
- Knowledge and understanding of state/local regulations.
- Understanding and commitment to community-based support for persons with disabilities.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Supervise Direct Support Professionals to provide support to ensure compliance with work objectives. Includes participating in the interview, hire, and performance review processes.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor daily staff schedule with the Residential Director.
- Manage performance and complete staff evaluations. Address performance issues through coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action where appropriate along with Residential Director.
- Manage overall operation of homes on respective caseload including, but not limited to, programmatic delivery, physical plant, health & safety for individuals and quality of supports.
- Monitor and schedule required staff trainings, seminars, and conferences.
- Monitor maintenance of residential homes.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring of consumers finances.
- Monitor and report health and medical needs of consumers.
- Build a support network between the consumers and community members.
- Monitor progress reports.
- Serve as an active member of each person’s Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT), which includes involvement in Individual Habilitation Plan development.
- Submit monthly written reports to the appropriate consumers outlining operational status, progress, and concerns.
- May perform the duties of Direct Support Professional as necessary, in accordance with current staffing needs.
- On-Call 24 hours a day, in cooperation with other management staff.
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes.
- Frequent lifting, stretching and other physical exertion during positioning of consumer’s or equipment.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: resumes-DA@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer