SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Program Manager, Learning & Development is a core member of the Learning and Development and HR team responsible for managing multiple learning programs for teammates and leaders at SCA. This role will be responsible for building organization and leadership development capabilities through the design, delivery and evaluation of learning activities, tools and assessments which are aligned to the business strategy and operational goals.
- Develop and implement a foundational manager leadership program and curricula, which may components on self-awareness; hiring, onboarding, and feedback; resourcing; team leadership; and driving change
- Partner with Learning & Development function at parent company to understand training, tools, and resources which can be leveraged
- Work with subject matter experts and other instructional designers to develop or modify content, manage external vendor relationships, organize development of facilitators and manage course administration
- Design, deliver and maintain on boarding programs for the company
- Lead needs analysis activities and recommend, utilize and measure multiple methods of delivery to expand reach of development opportunities
- Develop, analyze and report on performance metrics that measure impact of training and recommend changes to strategy and content where needed
- Manage the selection, use and impact of professional development assessment tools
- Manage/support/enhance talent development processes and programs (e.g., performance management, engagement survey)
- Ensure continual growth by staying connected to external industry and training trends and incorporating those trends that will positively impact the organization
- Serve as consultant to HR and business leaders on leadership development gaps and opportunities
- Facilitate various learning events, programs, workshops via multiple learning methods, such as Instructor-Led Training (ILT), virtual led, eLearning and other blended formats
- Live and model SCA Values: Clinical quality; Integrity; Service Excellence; Teamwork; Accountability; Continuous Improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or related field
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on learning and development with a preference for experience in instructional design and design
- Proven project management skills
- Strong communicator who can simplify strategy into specific actions and priorities
- Results-oriented self-starter who takes initiative and can prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Excellent relationship builder with collaborative and inclusive approach
- High customer service orientation and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to think and plan strategically but follow through and act on the tactical
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment across multiple stakeholders
- Experience and proven results with training evaluation methods
- Experience with assessment tools (e.g., Emergenetics, Enneagram)
- Experience with learning management systems and eLearning technology
- Travel: ~25%
- Location: Chicago area
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.