Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
The School to Employment Program (STEP) is a job training/transition program for high school students and young adults with special needs.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager for STEP. This position is responsible for providing relevant vocational programming in both a community and facility based environment. They will be partnering and collaborating with other successful programs to ensure student success.
- Coordinate community-based vocational and employment programs.
- Help market all aspects of student intern programs with schools and businesses.
- Network with school and business leaders in the community to increase employment opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Monitor the development of employment and volunteer opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Build a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Monitor each individual's progress notes, daily training records, and relevant documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Complete evaluations and provide direct support to Employment Specialists.
- Recruit and screen candidates and oversee training as necessary.
- Help to establish internships for students with disabilities with potential employers.
- Cooperate with internal and State inspections and investigations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience working with student with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to train staff in the training of people with disabilities.
- Working proficiency of Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumers or equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs (average weight of manual wheelchair).
- Transports participants in own vehicle, as needed.
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Management Training- Leadership development program
- Excellent Benefits including: Medical, FSA/HSA, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, 403b.
- Various Employee Discount Programs
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: email@example.com
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer