Primary Location: United States-OR-ORKeizer
Function:Direct Support Management
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Program Supervisor with MENTOR Oregon you’ll be one of those special people. For MENTOR Oregon and The MENTOR Network, a Program Supervisor is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. To that end, the Program Supervisor role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization. MENTOR Oregon is seeking a Program Supervisor to provide case management reviews and case supervision. This individual will supervise assigned staff and support the development of and oversee the implementation of service plans.
- Provides case management reviews and case supervision. Participates in the review and matching of new clients.
- Develops and ensures implementation of individual program plans and daily schedules for all consumers. Monitors adherence to treatment plans. Regularly reviews clients records to monitor home visits. Monitors all contractual, local and corporate mandates.
- Oversees clinical and crisis management and investigates internal incidents as required.
- Facilitates communication with family members, case managers, state agencies and state/corporate offices to ensure the confidentiality of consumer and personnel related information.
- Coordinates daily operations of work sites to ensure consumer safety and programming needs are met. Establishes on-call duties and supervises on-call staff.
- Promotes and markets programs to funding sources, community agencies, families and related groups. Monitors the availability and efficacy of community-based and other supports required by the program.
- Ensures that all records are accurate, up to date, and in compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Provides leadership including direct supervision of staff; implements Network employee practices; ensures safety and workers' compensation initiatives are followed; and ensures employees receive appropriate orientation and training.
- Completes purchasing of program supplies and submits billing compliance documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human services required
- Master's degree in human services strongly preferred
- Three years related experience and one year supervisory experience required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance of providing transportation to individuals receiving services
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification as required by state
- Licensure and other requirements as required by state
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.EOE/AAE