Is it time to build on your skills and knowledge in a setting that makes the most of both? We can challenge you in ways that require you to bring it all, every day. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We’re creating hundreds of custom applications and manage thousands of hardware components. And that complexity is where you come in. In this role, you’ll be involved in architecting and designing data warehouse solutions. You will be a primary contributor in developing, testing and deploying key data warehouses, data marts and will be working with cutting edge technology. You’ll find yourself stretching, learning and expanding your impact.
- Gather and analyze business requirements
- Design and Develop Data Warehouse infrastructure and solutions
- Develop technical specifications and design documents
- Develop, enhance, integrate, test and deploy Data Warehouses/Data Marts and Business Intelligence Solutions
- Support the user community with issues and enhancements to the existing solutions
Know that this opportunity comes with big potential and big challenges. It takes an ability to solve technical and strategic challenges using innovative approaches. You’ll be using complex data to support business decisions and you’ll need to demonstrate collaborative, creative and conceptual thinking.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with front-end data warehouse or similar processing which includes extracting data for large files from various sources, cleansing data, and mapping the data for loading into a data warehouse
- 5+years of experience as an analyst-programmer performing various system development life cycle functions including; project planning, requirements analysis, program specifications, coding, testing, and implementation.
- SQL programming experience in Teradata, DB2 or Oracle
- Experience with one or more of the following required:
- 5+ years of experience working with statistical reporting data tools such as SAS for large volume databases developing and maintaining production reports
- 5+ years-experience working in a mainframe environment (with working knowledge of COBOL, VSAM file structures, JCL and TSO) with intermediate level experience with developing program specifications, pseudo code, or logic diagrams -including Warnier-Orr diagrams to identify system changes.
- Health care industry experience
- 2+ years of experience/understanding of HIPAA Transactions and Code set standards namely - 835, 837 and NCPDP transactions
- 2+ years of experience working with Business Objects.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite of tools and VISIO in facilitating written communication such as developing status reports, creating/updating technical and procedure documentation, and communication with team members, end users and stakeholders.
- Experience in oral communication in a variety of situations such as interacting with the user community (e.g. State staff, vendors, and Data Center staff), making presentations, facilitating meetings and walkthroughs, and user training.
- Experience transitioning program changes into production.
- Experience with Medicaid, Social Security Administration (SSA), or other welfare programs specific to state and federal policies and procedures.
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumGovtConsulting, SAS, data mappings, 835 / 837 transactions, SQL programming, Teradata, DB2, Oracle, data warehouse, data marts, database, data analysis, Data Analyst, Mainframe development, Health Care