Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Project Analyst will be responsible for managing and supporting Client projects, research and escalations. They will also provide support for various projects within the Flag Management team as needed.
- Analyze flag datasets provided by UHC PI’s Advanced Analytics teams
- Pull claims volumes reports as requested utilizing Tableau
- Lead, assign and track weekly flag inventory derived from UHC PI AA Leads Project
- Collaborate with UHC PI and UHC Benefits Configuration teams to ensure flags are placed timely and accurately
- Create and develop process flows, policy & procedures and job aids
- Handle and responds to escalated inquiries or requests from Management or internal sources
- Provide explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- May perform additional duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma/GED (or higher) with 2+ years equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of health insurance claims experience
- 2+ years of flagging knowledge
- Intermediate or advance proficiency with ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets in MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Knowledge of claims platforms
- Experience using case management tools such as PICTS, Tips Historical, AO DB, and reporting tools such as Tableau
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and high-growth environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Claims, Customer Service, Flagging, UHC Benefits, Microsoft Office, health insurance