Assist in the daily functions of project management related to Maintenance, Engineering and departmental projects.
- Assist in the planning, bidding and execution of new construction, remodels, and equipment installations, using contractors or company staff.
- Assist with all related compliance measures and mitigation for assigned maintenance and engineering projects at the Grand Canyon South Rim.
- Works closely with Engineering Senior Project Manager and National Park Service staff on all assigned projects and attends Pre-Construction Meetings and/or acts as Xanterra Representative as necessary.
- Ensure that departmental and contracted projects are complying with all Xanterra, NPS, NHPA, NEPA, ESA and Federal laws and regulations regarding project planning and implementation, HAZMAT, HAZCOM, risk management, confined space, lockout-tagout, ergonomics, ADA access, and vehicle use.
- Maintain project schedules, daily logs and photo documentation of all assigned project activity.
- Assist in the execution of all assigned Capital, RMR, LSI and Deferred maintenance projects from conception through completion, maintaining all required financial information and documentation.
- Provide data of all new buildings project equipment and related components to the company CMMS manager.
- Comply with all company and NPS sustainability policies and procedures.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities on a regular basis, including being on-call for overnight emergencies and guest service issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the construction project management field or a good working knowledge of construction.
- Basic knowledge of physical plant operations including boilers, generators, pumps, water/waste treatment, gas/fuel lines, and power lines.
- Must be able to read and understand construction shop drawings and building plans and specification documentation.
- Basic knowledge of construction, mechanical and specialized trade skills and their current codes.
- Project management experience including cost estimating, bid notices, and contract negotiations.
- Experience with Word, Excel, CMMS and various engineering software programs.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, and laws concerning environmental issues, risk management, and safety.
- Must possess the physical agility to ascend/descend a ladder or scaffolding, tour construction sites, and enter confined space.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s license and comply with company Driver Safety Program.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.