DescriptionThe Project Manager 2 manages all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. The Project Manager 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Humana is seeking a Project Manager supporting Healthcare Services who is a self-starter, team player and collaborator who builds trust. The candidate will work in an environment with frequent change and must be flexible in order to manage diverse projects. The candidate will work closely with business owners/project sponsors to understand the scope of a project, create a charter with defined milestones in order to develop an implementation approach and project plan. The candidate will secure resources by identifying impacted stakeholders, facilitate meetings, and coordinate the activities to achieve business objectives within established timeframes. As a business partner in the development/implementation of new initiatives, the project manager is responsible for managing all phases of the project cycle and includes initiation (scope management), planning (activity definition and scheduling, resource planning, budgeting, and risk management) execution (stakeholder, team, and milestones/tasks management), control (scope verification and change control, cost and quality, and risk monitoring), and closing (issue resolution, lessons learned, and final project documentation).
- Apply internal processes and enforce project standards
- Review expectations/deliverables prepared by senior leadership/business owner
- Coordinate deliverables with business owner
- Coordinate project plan and drive towards deliverables
- Develop clear and concise documentation (i.e., meeting agendas/documentation/action items)
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (oral and written) and organizational skills
- Facilitate regular status meetings with business owner/project teams/steering committees
- Report progress of project deliverables and milestones
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Proficiency in communicating effectively with project stakeholders up to and including senior level leadership
- Obtain additional knowledge by asking questions, exploring different options, being creative and able to work in the “gray”
- Regular use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and Visio
- Have knowledge of and ensure completion of departmental intake forms when applicable
- Adoption of process discipline philosophy and utilization of project management related support material
- Apply project standards: (Charter, RACI Model/Roles and Responsibilities, Governance Structure, Project Plan, Risk/Issues Tracking)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing medium to large scale projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage stakeholders and hold them accountable for deliverables
- Ability to facilitate meetings with multiple participants of varying levels capturing relevant information
- Ability to execute tasks captured in a project plan
- Minimum of 3-5 years or more of project management experience
- Comfortable working on new projects with limited knowledge/expertise of the content and be able to learn quickly in order to effectively manage the implementation.
- Project Management Institute certification – PMP
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Prior experience in a clinical/healthcare services setting
- Previous experience planning and managing medium/large scale projects
- Prior experience in the health solutions industry
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40