At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Within the Wholesale Chief Operating Office, Wholesale Business Solutions (WBS) drives the client experience through common products, services, and tools to empower the business lines to onboard and service clients effectively, compliantly, and profitably. The Wholesale PMO is aligned to Wholesale Business Solutions and reports dotted line into the newly formed Enterprise PMO (EPMO).
The Wholesale PMO (WPMO) is a team of seasoned strategy and program professionals who are aligned to support Wholesale through Portfolio Management, Program Delivery, and Project Management. Through governance and prioritization, the WPMO enables project investment decisions to be aligned to business goals and strategic priorities. Program and Project Delivery allows us to successfully execute against these priorities by advocating for our business partners while effectively collaborating with partners in technology, risk, finance, legal, operations and product. The WPMO enhances the ownership, organizational structure, standardization, and oversight of project management functions across Wholesale.
The Transition & Integration team is responsible for program and project delivery of strategic business initiatives across Wholesale Banking. This candidate will be responsible for driving and leading cross line of business projects for sustainable cost reductions and driving execution in support of Enterprise and Wholesale Efficiency and Effectiveness (E&E) goals and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/ controlling, and closing) associated with projects.
The candidate should be flexible to adapt quickly into new environments, projects, and teams. This team member will interact with business stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects. The individual must possess strong organizational change & communication skills and have experience providing presentations during regular updates to leadership and other stakeholders. A key success factor for this role is the ability to distill and present concepts in a simplified manner which includes the development and delivery of presentations, status reports, etc. Responsible for end-to-end program or project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end. Ensures program/project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
Must be able to perform in the following capacity:
- Create and maintain project plans to track and deliver business outcomes or functionality
- Responsibilities include prioritization of initiatives, execution including cross-functional coordination, management and resolution of risks and issues, ensure initiative is delivered within agreed timelines, change management and communications are effective, and effort delivers expected outcomes and transitions to business as usual owners.
- Must create an end to end view of work streams and tasks associated with a project. Must ensure any deviation from the project execution is identified and mitigated.
- Must be able to maintain project financial details to ensure funding is appropriately tracked and reported.
- Must perform weekly status updates including milestones, issues, risks, and next steps.
- Must be able to participate in status reviews with Key stakeholders and answer questions about the state of the project.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in formal project methodology; specifically in project initiation, identification of project interdependencies, general oversight of the development life cycle and the planning for successful delivery
- Ability to synthesize information to identify key risks, customer impact, financial implications, delays that could impact delivery, and issues that pose material risk to the project or business
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget utilizing highly disciplined project management and organization skills
- Experience presenting to executive and senior management with strong oral and written presentation skills
- Reliable and results driven individual capable of completing tasks with minimal direction and oversight required
- Ability to understand complex problems, identify solutions and develop clear options and recommendations
- Strong relationship management skills proven in delivery of complex projects and programs.
- Excellent leadership, relationship building and management skills required
- Ability to work with and empower others collaboratively for team success
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt in new environments
- Strong work ethic
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.