At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
This position is part of the Project Delivery Group within the WIM Project Management Office (PMO). The selected Project Manager will primarily be responsible for leading project teams and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/ controlling, and closing) associated with projects that are long-term, line of business-wide and medium to high in risk, scope and complexity.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Consulting with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business cases; including developing statements of work
- Developing and revising complex project plans and budgets, working with users to understand complex problems and focusing on bringing issues to resolution; escalating as necessary to meet timelines
- Creating and delivering presentations to senior management on project goals and plans; including progress reports
- Responsible for end-to-end project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end. Developing and implementing program and project level processes, procedures and performance metrics
- Performing project risk analysis
- Leading project staff, including training and providing input for performance evaluations
- Sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors
- Manage a program or a series of projects associated with a specific business function
- May directly or matrix manage one or two project staff team members
- May work with Agile or Waterfall project teams
The preferred location is Charlotte, NC. Other locations may be considered.
- 7+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of strategic planning and development experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects or large scale individual projects
- Ability to develop SharePoint project tracking work flows
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Ability to manage complex multiyear projects
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to manage full life cycle projects that vary in scope and complexity
- Ability to track project financials
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: wealth management, brokerage, or retirement
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: creation of business cases, project initiation, development of comprehensive business requirements, and identification of project interdependencies
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Ability to manage large complex cross-matrix organization that includes: multiple business, technology and risk disciplines with direct leadership; the development of the strategy for information security; and implementation of roadmaps for the Enterprise
- Knowledge and understanding of Implementation strategy development and delivery
- Experience in the wealth, brokerage or investment management industry
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.