At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Corporate Risk Portfolio Management Office
The Corporate Risk Portfolio Management Office (CRPMO) effectively responds to program/project management needs, delivery of business solutions and compliance with the Program/Project Management policy. The CRPMO champions the partnership with Corporate Risk leadership and the Ecosystems, Investment Optimization Office and the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO). This team will support a broad range of initiatives, serving Risk Organizations and their business partners throughout the Wells Fargo enterprise, and as such offers the opportunity to build a diverse set of project experiences and perspective.
This Project Manager will join the Corporate Risk Portfolio Management Office, providing project management support for Corporate Risk Leaders executing initiatives overseen by the Consent Order Program Office, and for the Regulatory Relations team, helping management organize, prioritize, document, and track progress for initiatives and projects ranging from short-term tactical tasks to long-term strategic efforts.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for end-to-end project management, following the Enterprise Program and Project Methodologies to manage all activities, required documentation, and EPM records in a project life-cycle, including initiation, planning, executing, controlling, and closing
- Provides senior level project leadership, managing activities associated with high-visibility regulatory projects that are significant in risk, scope, and complexity and have substantial impact to Wells Fargo
- Interacts with senior leadership and stakeholders across the Enterprise to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects
- Partners with senior leadership and stakeholders to clarify, define, and maintain complex project charters, business cases, risk analyses, project requirements, and project plans
- Creates and delivers presentations for senior leadership on program or project goals and plans, including ongoing progress/status reports
- Demonstrates the ability to manage prioritization of competing business needs, demonstrating the ability to lead through ambiguity, partner productively with matrixed project workgroups, and drive successful timely execution of key deliverables
- Provides rigorous monitoring and escalation of dependencies, risks, and issues, demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives collaboration with Audit Services, Legal, and external Counsel when applicable
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses advanced skills in Microsoft Project as well as Microsoft Office programs (PPT, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and work effectively in a remote support model, driving results and building relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
This individual will be exposed to a variety of complex Corporate Risk business functions that require both strategic and tactical engagement plans. They require strong leadership, problem solving, and conflict management skills, with the candidate taking initiative to fully understand the dynamics of the effort, key stakeholders, and impacted businesses, and proposing effective potential solutions to address any underlying issues. They will create and maintain materials for working teams, executive management, and regulators, requiring the ability to match the appropriate content to audience requirements and demonstrate a high level of comfort communicating with senior leadership.
General duties for this individual might include but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership and guidance to SMEs and stakeholders in the integration/implementation of programs and initiatives
- Developing program/project approaches, supporting the build-out of business cases, and identifying dependencies and conducting pilots
- Assisting to strategically solve for process improvement to gain efficiency and effectiveness
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the company
- Proactively managing risk by anticipating, identifying, analyzing and minimizing risks over the course of an initiative
- Ensuring the development and successful execution of project plans and actively monitoring resource and capacity planning
- Facilitating meetings with participants from the Risk organization, executive management, and various lines of business
- Creating and delivering presentations that address project tactical and strategic goals, accomplishments, key dependencies and upcoming milestones
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprintRequired Qualifications
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Project management experience
- Project Management Institute Certification (PMI)
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of process design, modeling, and development
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Superior project management skills
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
- Experience leading effective collaboration across a team of project managers focusing on different functional areas for the same project
- Previous program/project management experience with regulatory efforts
- Proven ability to drive collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including Audit Services, Legal, and external counsel
- Ability to be able to manage to the details while also being able to come up to see and understand the bigger picture
- Demonstrated experience in regulatory matters within a financial service organization
- Significant experience managing non-technical business projects
- Strong understanding of core enterprise functions and capabilities
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing strategies, and adjusting as necessary
- Demonstrated strong work ethic; ability to work independently while recognizing when communication and escalation to the management team is needed
- Excellent influencing, partnering and negotiating skills to foster and manage strong relationships and gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to drive the requirements process with business partners
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.