At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Treasury Management (TM) is a key part of our Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation team. Treasury Management includes managing and optimizing our customers' cash flow and mitigating its operational, financial, and reputational risk. We focus on creating operating efficiencies, cost savings and time savings for our customers by delivering treasury solutions through a consultative approach.
We put our customers at the center of every decision we make by focusing on their needs, being a leader in innovation, keeping things simple, and making our solutions easy to implement.
The Treasury, Merchant and Payment Solutions (TMPS) Project Management Office within the PVSI GPMO partners with our Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) to ensure the successful execution and delivery of all initiatives across TMPS, including Digital Solutions for Business.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to support our Microservices initiatives. Microservices are the enterprise API’s used by our business and technology teams across the entire bank. The goal of this initiative is to build a federated model to increase our velocity of creating ‘ready to externalize’ services and train federated teams to externalize within their lines of business across the WF footprint.
The selected project manager will ensure execution and delivery of a portfolio of projects. Projects will be sizeable, strategic channel or LOB driven efforts requiring both business and technical project/program management and carry a substantial impact to the enterprise bottom line. The incumbent is expected to lead the cross-functional team as well as own all program/project/processes deliverable(s).
Other responsibilities include:
- Portfolio management ensuring that Microservices program and projects are reviewed to prioritize resource allocation, and that the management of the portfolio is consistent with and aligned to organizational strategies
- Interact with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic business plans and determine objectives & approaches to programs and/or projects on behalf of the project team
- Lead and collaborate with the project team, business operations, and technical partners to develop concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and costs for collaborative, cohesive delivery of new systems initiatives. This includes driving the scope, planning, reviewing and achieving sign-off of high visibility projects that are long term, across one of more lines of business, and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses with demonstrated ownership of the entire process from end to end
- Lead project team through all phases of several ongoing (often concurrent) projects. Responsible for management of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, including but not limited to: Initiation, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Monitoring and Closing including integration to production in the digital environment
- Create and deliver presentations on program or project goals and plans, including progress reports
- Conduct status meetings and work sessions to identify and resolve upcoming scheduling, capacity and dependency issues
- Communicate with all stakeholders to ensure regular, clear, and concise communication regarding the projects
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve issues that occur during all project phases
- Maintain master / release calendar and ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Create and Manage detailed project plans
- Work with project and product partners to identify critical dependencies and issues, ensure that dependencies between teams are being communicated
- Create executive level management reports, maintain risk and issue logs, interdependency matrix, and decision logs
- Ensure that Compliance and Legal contacts are appropriately involved
- Ensure that program/project related risks and deliverables are managed according to Enterprise Project Management Policies
- Coordinate integration efforts of multiple project teams (both business and technical)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within all areas of business and technology and operations partners
- Support pipeline management and prioritization processes, initial solution discovery and analysis, requirements management and implementation oversight
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
As the Program Manager supporting our Microservices initiatives the selected candidate will exhibit a desire to leverage their cross line of business and technology vantage point to ensure better connectivity across the enterprise. In addition, the will demonstrate:
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a start-up mode, but able to transition to a large, mature program
- Thought leadership in defining and executing on the right program and oversight structure, particularly as we federate across the enterprise
- Strong executive messaging skills with the ability to succinctly roll up and communicate timeline, milestones, status, risks, issues, etc., across multiple workstreams
- Not technically averse, willing to jump in and learn new technologies and form with strong partnerships with our EIT partners
- Ability to indirectly manage other project manager resources (both business and technology)
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Experience leading effective collaboration across a team of project managers focusing on different functional areas for the same project
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Experience managing projects in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- 10+ years combined project management and financial services industry experience operating at a Lead Project/Program Manager level for digital projects that spanned multiple years and involved multiple groups on the project teams
- Business consulting experience characterized by collaboration, delivery of on-time results as an independent contributor, and marked skills as a pro-active listener
- Demonstrated understanding of business tools and inter-dependencies (systems, software, data, etc.)
- Ability to operate independently, analyze issues, and make key decisions regarding progression of the projects consistent with corporate policies with minimal direct management
- Proven track record in setting strategic vision based on user feedback and technology developments and then executing to achieve vision
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo businesses
- Experience with large-scale project transformation initiatives
- Demonstrated experience managing both technical and non-technical business projects
- Strong understanding of core enterprise functions and capabilities
- Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate information and synthesize action plans
- Ability to establish and lead large scale initiatives leveraging agile methodologies, including oversight of multiple scrum teams
- PMP and PMP-ACP certifications
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.