Initiate, plan, execute and control projects involving multiple people, process and technology components in the Facilities and Corporate Real Estate department. Align project requirements and deliverables with the strategic and tactical goals of the organization. Establish and nurture positive relationships with project sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers. Measure and be accountable for the short- and long-term project results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the business needs of all customers and provide exceptional customer service, customer resolution and relationship-building skills.
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned project that typically have short timelines.
- Identify and define project objectives, scope, schedule, budget, quality levels, resources and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Identify assumptions and constraints that impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk.
- Prepare and execute against project plans managing change control, communications, reporting on scope, schedule, costs, resources and risks.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the project. Verify and document project results.
- Create business cases to drive and support initiatives, recommendations, and various projects.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Attend meetings, in person or via electronic media, to provide assistance and advice.
- Own overall responsibility for processing associates for security badges, parking assignments, and other facilities related items for onboarding of new, returning and contractor associates, as well as maintaining all records (databases, documentations, etc.) for these functions.
- Manage, prepare and create regular reports (weekly, monthly, annually) for building access, AED users certification, and other reporting as needed.
- Own the processing of vendor management and all invoices for the department. This includes working with vendors to ensure they are submitting (through the AP tool Coupa) appropriately and timely, processing and coding all invoices accurately and timely, and maintaining the appropriate files on the network for all invoices, contracts, etc.
- Ensure all vendors have current COIs (certificates of insurance) on file at all times. Follow up with vendors as these COIs reach expiration to ensure no gaps in coverage occur.
- Manage vendor partners and prepare bid packages and proposals, negotiate and prepare service contracts and oversee/direct the work of vendors/contractors or other third parties.
- Establish a database of all vendor contracts within the department. Develop a process for tracking contract expirations and notify the appropriate team member when their vendors’ contracts are approaching expiration to ensure no gaps in coverage.
- Own the development of KPIs (key performance indicators) and metrics for key vendor relationships. Research industry standards to determine these KPIs and metrics.
- Conduct regular walkthroughs of the entire building to note any repairs, spills, misplaced chairs/furniture, non-compliance with appliances, accessories, etc. Enter ServiceNow tickets for all findings and ensure tickets are handled and issues are resolved.
- Manage inventory of office supplies, filing and other matters related to the operation of the Facilities and Corporate Real Estate office.
- Operate with fiscal responsibility reviewing all vendor invoices for accuracy, including processing/monitoring payment per Procure to Pay process.
- Ability to be available to work flexible hours when requested, be on a call rotation and respond to facility emergencies in off hours.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Manage all day-to-day tasks for areas of responsibility and other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five years project management experience.
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies and proficiency with Microsoft Office software/project planning tools.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Action oriented and self-motivated to drive projects with a sense of urgency mentality.
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task in an agile, fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance. Effective supervisory skills in a matrix-management environment.
- Working knowledge of Facilities Management best practices.
- Helpful but not required skills / experience in construction project management, property management, space planning, AutoCAD, real estate & lease review.
- Experience with software and systems related to Facilities Management – work order ticketing (Service Now), conference room scheduling (Resource Scheduler), security control system (C*Cure), building automation system (Insight).
- Preferred Certifications PMP, CFM, FMP, SFP or LEED AP.
Additional Job Details
- Shared responsibility in functional areas within Facilities/Corporate Real Estate scope: Corporate Real Estate, Construction Projects, Security Access Control, Janitorial, Cafeteria, including participation in on-site events, emergency procedure process development/implementation and management of building repairs and improvement projects.
- Evaluate, develop, implement and manage process improvements that support internal customer and HRB’s overall goals.
- Tax background and/or financial acumen.