Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
You're empowered to do your best by supporting the Business Initiatives Team. The Project Manager has mastery of analysis and investigation skills. He or she provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise. Candidate is fully proficient in the following aspects of project management:
- Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g., program/project charter, Statement of ---Work, Business Vision Document)
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information (e.g., labor, hardware, software), using input from applicable sources (e.g., resource managers, project managers, application planners, system architects)
- Develop / contribute to project budgets and forecasts, obtaining approvals from applicable stakeholders (e.g., cost/benefit analysis, capital planning, staffing impact analysis / assessment)
- Establish / apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with input from applicable stakeholders (e.g., key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop, document and implement project communication plans
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ Years of experience managing large scale projects and documenting processes
- 3+ Years of experience in managing stakeholders and managing multiple workstreams and owners
- Experience preparing materials for and presenting to executive level audiences
- Experience working as part of a team in a large, matrixed environment
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Familiarity with Optum and Optum’s products & services
- Healthcare experience
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to gain acceptance for ideas, plans, actions and then implement across organizational boundaries.
- Business operations strategy definition and execution in a matrixed organization
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Project Management, Customer Service, matrixed environment, healthcare, operations