On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That's what makes this senior-level opportunity so inviting. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. Join us and put your advanced knowledge and skills to work guiding project scope, time frames, funding needs, staffing requirements, allotment of resources and more as you help leaders of key business areas build solutions that meet their customer needs in a competitive and effective way.
- Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g. program/project charter, Statement of Work, Business Vision Document)
- Work with resource managers to drive the identification of the skills, duration and effort required for successful project execution
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information (e.g. labor, hardware, software), using input from applicable sources
- Work with stakeholders to establish/apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies (e.g. mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
- Ability to work on complex projects where deadlines and scope shift frequently. You'll need flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects across various functional areas.
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques.
- Makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. Ensures projects are completed on time and in scope.
- May manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations. Incumbents maybe part of a project management office (PMO) in their business.
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others.
This role will challenge your ability to work on complex projects where deadlines and scope shift frequently. You'll need flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Experience managing projects using Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with Rally, MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- PMP Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Worked in a Healthcare environment
- Medicare knowledge
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.