Initiate, plan, execute and manage projects involving multiple people, teams, process and technology components. Align project requirements and deliverables with the strategic and tactical goals of the organization and ensure that all stakeholders are involved appropriately. Establish and nurture positive relationships with project sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers. Measure and be accountable for the short- and long-term project results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage complex projects through design/development/production phases.
- Understand business requirements, and translate those requirements into achievable project deliverables.
- Define objectives and deliverables, and track to established goals and milestones.
- Define resource requirements and work with project sponsors and participants to ensure resources are available and appropriate for project success.
- Design and maintain technical and project documentation in support of all related activities.
- Own overall responsibility (RACI model) for the success of assigned projects.
- Identify assumptions and constraints that impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Define scope, schedule, budget and quality levels for the project.
- Prepare and execute plans for quality, change control and communications.
- Prepare and gain approval for overall project plan, including commitment for scope and resource allocation from all participants and stakeholders.
- Execute against the Project Plan while controlling and reporting on scope, schedule, quality, costs, resources and risks.
- Verify and document project results.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the project, transitioning to an operational state, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Three years project management experience supporting IT business processes; experience with project management for IT security projects is strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of formal project management methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Effective supervisory skills in a matrix-management environment.