Let’s face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. We're out to use data and technology to help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, you'll be engaged in a complex, business model that is highly adaptable, allowing you to quickly and effectively address emerging needs. Ready? Apply today and find out what it is like to have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company.
- Guide initiatives that cross business teams and operating groups to coordinate projects, define performance and drive results
- Investigate and solve for non-standard requests and problems
- Establish, develop and maintain effective relationships with applicable project stakeholders (e.g., project team members, team leads, internal customers, functional SMEs, business partners, leadership)
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within scope
The most challenging part of this role? Effectively working with multiple project teams and stakeholders. Our teams require flexibility utilizing various methodologies and tools. You'll need to drive collaboration in a cross-matrix environment leveraging your ability to build relationships and keep on track with the project scope and timeline.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Experience in a matrixed organization
- Process, Procedure, Governance oriented experience
- Managed large volume of issues and action items
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Hands on Microsoft Project Experience
- PMP Certification
- Project Management in a Medicaid Implementation, particularly an MMIS implementation
- Experience working in complex and/or multi-vendor implementation environment
- Experience working with state government
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: operations, project management, project manager, Six Sigma, PMP, insurance, healthcare, health insurance, health care reform, federal/state regulatory requirements