Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Project Research Assistant provides support to analysts and scientists engaging in health-related quality of life research projects including health outcomes analysis projects, strategy projects, instrument development projects, and dissemination work.
Conducts literature searches and reviews, drafts summaries of literature, develops PowerPoint slides from text, format documents, updates Excel files, builds and maintains bibliographic / reference databases, facilitates meetings and takes meeting minutes, copy edits documents, and otherwise supports the research staff.
- General word processing (creation and editing)
- Preparation of and editing of presentations and spreadsheets
- Facilitation of meeting arrangements, including minute-taking
- Photocopying and collating of project materials
- Conduct electronic literature searches
- Draft written literature summaries
- Obtain reprints of scientific articles
- Use of bibliographic software (Citavi, Endnote, or similar)
- Document management/filing on Sharepoint
- Build and maintain bibliographic/reference database and related reports
- Manage library services
- Assumes responsibility for completing tasks in a given timeline and in accordance with quality standards
- Follows company and department standard operating procedures
- Interacts effectively and collegially with all employees, fostering a supportive and cross departmental sharing environment
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED with 2+ years of research, editing, proofreading or equivalent experience in an Academic setting and / or academic publications.
- 2+ years of Academic level reference management, including experience creating
search strings and performing database searches (PubMed, Ovid, Thompson Reuters
Web of Science, or similar) and formatting references in accordance with common
- Must be proficient in MS Office Word (editing, creating documents, formatting techniques to create document templates and style sets), Excel (create, navigate, sorting and create graphs and tables in spreadsheet) PowerPoint (create slide decks to create presentations), and Outlook (emails and calendars).
- Must have proofreading and / or editing experience
- Experience with scientific research method, literature and search methods highly desired.
- Knowledge of survey research and survey development would be an asse
- Experience with bibliographic software such as Reference Manager / Citavi is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Plans work effectively to meet goals and ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Must be able to meet project deadlines
- Maintains positive relationships with site personnel and colleague
Academic setting, academic publications, Research, Research Assistant, Johnston, RI, Road Island, Proofreading, Editing, Edit, PubMed, Ovid, Thompson Reuters Web of Science