- Fully understands all obligations under the terms of the Prime Contract and effectively brings to bear all available resources to meet these obligations. Experienced and adept at determining issues outside the scope of work that translate into a negotiated change order, if warranted.
- Represents the company in subcontractor pre-bid, pre-construction and in-progress negotiations, and is the customer interface on any contract-related meetings or items and any initial job start-up issues.
- Proficient at generating, tracking, and analyzing construction critical path schedules in order to proceed on the most efficient and cost-effective courses of action.
- Proficient in all trades working within the assigned project. Can recognize and correct inefficient or unsafe practices as they occur.
- Experienced in negotiation and mediation of disputes with the Owner, subcontractors, or team members. Familiar enough with the scope of authority to quickly escalate unsolved problems to higher authority for resolution should circumstances warrant.
- Versed and experienced in techniques for effective hiring/firing, team building, employee counseling/coaching, and rewards/discipline, as appropriate.
- Assesses and develops team members by recognizing skill set strengths and weaknesses and, as a response, provides opportunities for formal training and training from experience.
- Monitors and manages specific project budgets.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Three to five years of progressively more responsible field engineering or construction project experience. Any discipline acceptable, but civil, mechanical or electrical preferred. Desirable work experience includes construction field management, contract management, QA/QC surveillance and or estimating. An Associate’s degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or construction engineering preferred, but not mandatory or equivalent combination of education or experience. If required by job responsibilities, incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language and uses communication skills effectively in dealing with all team members, the Owner, and Home Office management staff.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly splits time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Some travel may be required.