DescriptionThe Product Content Lead develops product capabilities based on market strategy and local specifications. The Product Content Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Humana is one of the largest defense contractors in the country, as a result of our TRICARE contract to provide healthcare programs to the Department of Defense and other Federal agencies. Against that backdrop our Humana Government Business (HGB) organization is seeking a talented individual for the position of Proposal Manager, responsible for developing and managing medium to large-scale proposals for federal government contracts.
The key areas that the Proposal Manager will be responsible for include:
- Developing proposals that meet all requirements under tight schedule constraints, with minimal oversight.
- Creating and managing proposal schedules and compliance matrices.
- Assisting with the creation and editing of proposal content.
- Develop and manage medium to large-scale proposals under tight schedule constraints, with minimal oversight, including responses to pre-solicitation notices and Requests for Information. Develop and distribute appropriate proposal-related documentation, including compliance matrices, style guides, outlines, schedules, presentations, and color team/milestone reviews. Assist with the creation and editing of proposal content, and review content for compliance and cohesiveness. Ensure proposals are properly scoped; identifying gaps, evaluating assumptions, and ensuring text/responses match requirements. Develop standard boilerplate responses and proposal libraries. Manage time and multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment while supporting several projects simultaneously.
- Schedule and lead proposal meetings, review and manage the proposal calendar. Support proposal meetings, to include attending all meetings, taking notes, and producing any required documentation. Report on the status of all upcoming, in-process, and outstanding proposals and opportunities.
- Participate in Capture activities by providing support to Business Development and Capture Management staff prior to solicitation release and coordinating proposal activities with them following release of the solicitation to include participating in the development of win themes and differentiators for clearly articulating a winning strategy and compelling solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience developing proposals using Shipley management principles.
- 8+ years of experience in proposal development and coordination in response to Federal Government solicitations to include, analyzing solicitations (RFPs, RFQs, etc.) for client requirements, developing proposal outlines and compliance matrices, developing proposal schedules, initiating and facilitating meetings and proposal reviews, serving as point of contact for authors and teammates regarding proposal activities, and writing and/or editing proposal sections, corporate information, resumes, and/or project descriptions.
- Excellent time and resource management skills.
- Position requires an acute attention to detail and impeccable proofreading and editing skills.
- Must possess demonstrated abilities to work under and enforce tight deadlines, work independently and as part of a team, and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Flexibility to meet deadlines and proposal schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills, writing skills, and oral communication skills.
- Due to the fast-paced work environment, the selected individual must be a team player, self-starter, and able to work with minimal direction to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and make independent judgments when necessary.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stress and ability to work with a diverse group of personalities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with FedBizOps and GovWin programs.
- Understanding of US Government contracting (FAR and DFAR) and proposal processes.
- Ability to travel in order to work on-site with Proposal Team (quarterly and as needed to support proposal development).
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. citizenship
- If offered a position with Humana Government Business you would be required to go through the eQIP process to obtain Government Security Clearance to work on government systems. This requires the completion of a 100+ page document on-line, finger printing, background check, credit check and, completion of an employment application and drug test. The financial/credit check portion requires an in depth review of any failure to meet financial obligations within the past 7 years, including but not limited to bankruptcy, debt over 120 days delinquent and/or $15,000 threshold for bad debt (items in collection and charge off).
- Graduate degree preferred
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification desired.
- Understanding of managed care data, benefit design or applications to clinical research
- Experience leading research processes in the Health Benefits Industry
Scheduled Weekly Hours40